Search Associate - Meso Solutions
About Meso Solutions
Meso Solutions makes the hiring process for progressive work smarter, more efficient, and more equitable. We believe that real progressive change is the result of thousands of people working hard every day, in ways both small and large. Many of the organizations and companies fighting for progressive change have limited resources, and hiring can consume dozens of hours of valuable time, in addition to valuable money and resources.
We’re more than a recruiter, and our clients are more than a number; we operate with a non-profit ethos. We partner closely with our clients to help them find the best path to a successful hire for a variety of roles – from field organizers to directors – in organizations of all sizes. As a new company founded in 2019, we are excited to grow our services and fill this gap in the progressive space. We are looking for people who are independent and hard workers who love making things work behind the scenes, but are also excited to help build something new.
We are hiring a Search Associate to help implement client job searches.
As a small company, no two days will be alike, and you may wear many hats, but in an average week you may:
- Actively contribute to the team in meetings and via written communications, identifying areas for improvement and implementing those improvements as necessary.
- Check off your to do list and manage your time appropriately - there are a lot of small and vital steps to a successful hire and tackling the details takes time and attention.
- Support job recruitment by posting and sharing open positions to key sites, including management of our sister site ProgressiveDataJobs.org
- Handling emails and communications with job seekers.
- Support interviews between clients and applicants; Conducting intake conversations with job seekers to ensure Meso can identify the right talent for the right roles.
- Ensure thorough documentation of projects within Meso’s project management systems as well as client facing reports.
- Ensure we are minimizing bias in our work. Meso takes an active approach to DEI and examine race, gender, ability, age, class, and more, as well as their intersections in work. All staff are responsible for our DEI success.
- Learn the ins and outs of successful hiring, reviewing resumes and other materials, and growing your project management skills.
Additionally, while this is not a sales job, you may need to be comfortable discussing our approach and solutions with potential clients. We are a small company, and all team members are ambassadors for Meso.
- Location: Chicago, IL, strongly preferred; remote potential for the right candidate(s)
- Salary: $55,000 for the first year
- Benefits: 100% covered health insurance; generous vacation policy and sick, family, and parental leave; flex religious and cultural holidays
- Travel: reimbursement for all reasonable accommodations and airfare, etc. related to work travel
- The interview process will include a series of interviews. Applicants may be asked to provide writing samples or other examples of past work.
- Estimated start date: February or March 2020; this is a full-time position
We are deeply committed to paying our staff fairly and hope to increase salaries equitably as we grow. We also hope to expand our benefits as we grow.
We evaluate candidates on the whole of their experience and skills, and we encourage people to apply even if you do not meet all of the “requirements.” We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color and multi-racial/multi-ethnic people, people with disabilities, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. There are no formal education or HR certificate requirements, nor are there any formal PMP or similar requirements.
For this role you are:
- Detail and task oriented, and able to execute tasks independently at a high quality. You are motivated to help our mission-driven clients by getting the nitty-gritty done.
- Committed to progressive values and causes; Experience interning, volunteering, or working in nonprofits, politics, and/or campaigns in the progressive space is highly valued.
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion: We are DEI forward, and you must be able to clearly articulate your approach to this work. This is more than a buzzword commitment – it must be centered in your day-to-day tasks.
- Able to communicate via a variety of modes, including written documents, PowerPoints, phone, and video conferencing in a professional manner with a variety of individuals, including clients and job seekers. For those with disabilities, including visual or aural impairments, appropriate accommodations will be made.
- Excited to learn, grow, and challenge yourself, with the support of your colleagues.
- Comfortable with common office tools such as GSuites or Microsoft Office and comfortable quickly learning new tools such as applicant tracking and project management softwares.
- A “people person” who enjoys talking to clients and job seekers from a range of experiences and knowledge levels.
- A solutions-oriented person with a good attitude: We’re a small company, and every person is critical to our success. We want forward-thinking people who are quick to solve problems but who also keep a level head when things don’t go as planned.
Additionally, the following are not required, but we would love to know if you have experience with any of the following, whether in a work, volunteer, school, or internship experience:
- Project management
- Copy editing and/or report writing
- Hiring or human resources/general office operations management
- Personnel management
- Bilingual fluency in English and another language. Spanish fluency would be particularly useful